Tuesday 19 March 2013

My first foray into Medium Format...


...and I CAN'T WAIT !!


I've managed to bag myself a 1960s Halina Viceroy 120 Film Medium Format TLR (Twin Lens Reflex - pseudo TLR?) for a bargain off ebay. The seller has been very helpful in answering, what must be to him, some stupid questions and has also thrown in a black and white film to get me started! 

I'm looking forward to having to really look for the photograph rather than have the ability to just go mental and snap away as can be the case with digital.


The simplicity of this camera is what has appealed to me mostly (that and it looks too cool and retro for words). 


It has no light meter or focusing. Only three aperture options ( 8, 11 and 16) and two shutter speed modes: 1/60 and Bulb.

Film: 120 Roll Film with only 12 shots...non of this 16gb of card space to play with!!




There's more info on the Halina Viceroy HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.